[GRASS-dev] Re: include wxgrass or not in 6.3.0

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 10 13:45:10 EST 2008

> > > I think that wxPython GUI *should* be included in 6.3.0.
Markus:
> > What about doing it in 6.3.1? We had 4 release candidates now and
> > it wasn't included. I would like to see at least one RC with that
> > included before officially publishing it.

I agree.

Martin:
> unfortunately, it has been included, even worse the old wxPython
> code!! see

http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/tags/release_20080109_grass_6_3_0RC4/gui/wxpython

It's not in the release branch, apparently removed in r29737:

http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/branches/releasebranch_6_3/gui
(no idea how to get deleted file history (Attic) in Trac source code
browser or ViewCVS + SVN, or pull out the log message for that rev)

Martin:
> I would imagine copy of wxpython stuff in 6.3.0 (based on this
> situation). Changes in configure [1] or [2] would eventually become
> part of 6.3.1 (if so).
> [1] http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/38
> [2]
> http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/wiki/WxPython-based_GUI_for_GRASS#Issues

(trac ticket #38 is still an open issue)

We could do a quick 6.3.1 (6.3.0 with backported wx) once the above is
solved? Or wait for wx and go straight to 6.3.1?

Hamish