[GRASS-dev] batch search and replace from command line?

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed Jan 9 22:24:22 EST 2008

If you haven't checked yet, it's in the Find & Replace dialog - Multi-
File Search at the bottom.  Just drag a folder into the edit-box
there, or choose a folder with the Other button.

On Jan 9, 2008, at 8:19 PM, Michael Barton wrote:

> Thanks William. I use TextWrangler but didn't know it had this
> capability. This will be simple.
>
> Michael
> ____________________
> C. Michael Barton, Professor of Anthropology
> Director of Graduate Studies
> Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
> Arizona State University
>
> Phone: 480-965-6262
> Fax: 480-965-7671
> www: <www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton>
>

> On Jan 9, 2008, at 10:00 AM, grass-dev-request at lists.osgeo.org wrote:
>
>> Message: 3
>> Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 09:03:09 -0600
>> From: William Kyngesburye <woklist at kyngchaos.com>
>> Subject: Re: [GRASS-dev] batch search and replace from command line?
>> To: Michael Barton <michael.barton at asu.edu>
>> Cc: GRASS developers list <grass-dev at lists.osgeo.org>
>>
>> Looks like you got some response already, but on the GUI side on OSX,
>> BBEdit's find and replace can search whole folders of files.  Their
>> free TextWrangler also can.  Full GREP support in both, and you can
>> filter files.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"We are at war with them. Neither in hatred nor revenge and with no
particular pleasure I shall kill every ___ I can until the war is
over. That is my duty."

"Don't you even hate 'em?"

"What good would it do if I did? If all the many millions of people of
the allied nations devoted an entire year exclusively to hating the
____ it wouldn't kill one ___ nor shorten the war one day."

<Ha, ha> "And it might give 'em all stomach ulcers."

- Tarzan, on war