[Fwd: Re: [GRASS-dev] cvs>svn?]

Wolf Bergenheim wolf at bergenheim.net
Wed Jan 16 03:19:37 EST 2008

On 16.01.2008 02:55, Hamish wrote:

> I guess the ideal is a good intuitive hierarchical structure with good
> index/search/sort tools too- they aren't mutually exclusive. The
> ability to limit the search to just the website or just a particular
> mailing list would be nice (htDig?)

There is a module called organic groups in Drupal. I don't have a lot of
experience with them, but basically they can be a front-end to a mailing
list, just like Google groups. And that would mean that the mailing list
traffic would be in Drupal, and could be searched for. With the search
in Drupal you can limit the by category, and the organic groups would
show up as one. With organic groups people could post to the mailing
lists via our site, and also via email.

>> It would be good to experiment a bit with the new Drupal site, and if
>> it is not suitable we can always switch to something else.
>
> agreed.

That is why I did set it up. I do think that we can have the best of
both worlds. Meaning that hard-core hacker like Hamish can continue to
edit the pages in raw xhtml, and on the same time someone else less
familiar with code can edit a page and post a message to the mailing
lists via the web interface.

--Wolf

--

<:3 )---- Wolf Bergenheim ----( 8:>

--

       |Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall
(o< --|Humpty Dumpty had a great fall
//\   |All the king's horses and all the king's men
V_/_  |Couldn't put Humpty together again.

Wolf Bergenheim