[GRASS-dev] [GRASS-trac] #13: GRASS OGR Module failing

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 16 22:53:01 EST 2008

> Hamish wrote:
> > lib/init/init.sh uses tput to clear the terminal screen. tput is
> > provided by the ncurses package which is (judging from the above)
> > apparently optional in Cygwin.

Glynn:
> I would remove the tput from init.sh (personally, I think that script
> does too much anyhow). But you'll still need ncurses for several
> modules, as well as the -text startup, so I would also be inclined to
> list it in the requires: line in setup.ini.
>
> More generally, ncurses is a not-really-optional depdency.

I have not been able to track any reverse-dependency info for the
cygwin package, so I don't know if it is randomly missing from the
reporter's local install or not included in a standard minimal cygwin +
grass install. Do other cygwin users reading this have it installed? I
doubt many folks would have installed the package manually.

ie there comes a point where we could put dozens of packages in the
setup.ini file to work around omissions in the require info of
dependent packages, ....

we already require libncurses8, presumably that should cross-depends
with the ncurses package somehow. For now I've included both.

Hamish