[GRASS-dev] convert 3D polygons or Tins to a DEM?

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Mon Jan 28 04:04:09 EST 2008

On Jan 28, 2008 9:29 AM, Maris Nartiss <maris.gis at gmail.com> wrote:
> Fixing large dataset and 3D support problems would be a nice
> improvement of GRASS vector support :)

Possibly we need to substitute the algorithm? I found for example
http://www.qhull.org/
"Qhull computes the convex hull, Delaunay triangulation, Voronoi
diagram, halfspace intersection about a point, furthest-site Delaunay
triangulation, and furthest-site Voronoi diagram. The software runs in
2-d, 3-d, 4-d, and higher dimensions. Qhull implements the Quickhull
algorithm for computing the convex hull. It handles roundoff errors
from floating point arithmetic. Qhull also computes volumes, surface
areas, and approximations to the convex hull."

(seems to be GPL compliant)

Markus