[GRASS-dev] d.histogram: x axis ticks labels fixed

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Tue Jan 29 20:39:43 EST 2008

Understood. These python utilities draw to Python canvases, and so
normally need the GUI to run. It may be possible for them to output
to a graphic file too. But they are designed to work in a GUI
environment rather than a command line environment.

I don't advocate ditching d.histogram. In fact, the *easiest* thing
from my standpoint, would be to have a sophisticated and slick C-
graphing  module that I just had to call as a command and presto it
creates a graphic file that I can pop into a canvas. But I have some
understand of the complexity of writing this in C or anything else.
That's why to use high level graphing tools to do this.

Michael
Director of Graduate Studies
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University