[GRASS-dev] A0-A10 paper size calculations

Wolf Bergenheim wolf+grass at bergenheim.net
Wed Jul 2 03:52:47 EDT 2008

On 02.07.2008 10:46, Moritz Lennert wrote:
> On 02/07/08 09:07, Hamish wrote:
>> Before I commit the above values, does anyone see a problem in my script
>> or know if the sizes are actually defined by ISO as "rounded" values in
>> some unit, versus the mathematical approach that I've taken?
>>
>> any requests on what sizes we should include? currently for ISO sizes we
>> only define A0-A4.
>
> I've never seen these sizes with decimals (my usual sources: [1],[2]),
> so I actually think that they are defined rounded to mm.
>
> And quite honestly, I don't think that submillimetric measurements are
> really of any importance...
>

> [1] http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/iso-paper.html
> [2] http://www.edsebooks.com/paper/papersize.html

I agree. I think that ISO 216 rounds them to the nearest mm. I've also
never seen the sizes with decimals. I haven't read the ISO paper, but it
is available for purchase.

A mandatory wikipedia reference (yes I realize wikipedia is very
unreliable blabla...) which also references Moritz' first source ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_216

--Wolf

--

<:3 )---- Wolf Bergenheim ----( 8:>