[GRASS-dev] Plan to build Package to use GRASS from R

Rainer M Krug r.m.krug at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 10:16:05 EDT 2008

I finally started working on the implementation of grass commands from
R and most of the translation from the the output from
--interface-description is working. I just have one question at the
moment: some flags require "--" and others "-" and I could not fiind
any indication in the
--interface-description output which one uses which.

Any ideas where I can get that info from?

Thanks

Rainer

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 3:11 PM, Rainer M Krug <r.m.krug at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 28/02/2008, Roger Bivand <Roger.Bivand at nhh.no> wrote:

>> > Yes - definitely. I looked at the XML package and it seems to be
>> > usefull. I
>> > will look at how these packages use XML.
>>

>> I think that StatDataML is closest, and probably simplest.
>
> Thanks - I'll look at it -- the easier the better.
>
>> Roger
>>

>> > Rainer
>> >
>> > Roger

>> --
>> Roger Bivand
>> Economic Geography Section, Department of Economics, Norwegian School of
>> Economics and Business Administration, Helleveien 30, N-5045 Bergen,
>> Norway. voice: +47 55 95 93 55; fax +47 55 95 95 43
>> e-mail: Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
>>

> --
>
> --
> Rainer M. Krug, Dipl. Phys. (Germany), MSc Conservation Biology (UCT)
>
> Plant Conservation Unit Department of Botany
> University of Cape Town
> Rondebosch 7701
> South Africa

Biology, UCT), Dipl. Phys. (Germany)