[GRASS-dev] Plan to build Package to use GRASS from R

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 10:22:33 EDT 2008

Hi,

2008/7/2 Rainer M Krug <r.m.krug at gmail.com>:
> I finally started working on the implementation of grass commands from
> R and most of the translation from the the output from
> --interface-description is working. I just have one question at the
> moment: some flags require "--" and others "-" and I could not fiind
> any indication in the
> --interface-description output which one uses which.

I guess, basically one-letter flags use '-' othewise '--', e.g.

       <flag name="g">
                <label>
                        Shell script style, currently only for report
                </label>
                <description>
                        Format: layer type count min max
                </description>
        </flag>
        <flag name="overwrite">
                <description>
                        Allow output files to overwrite existing files
                </description>
        </flag>

-> '-g' / '--overwrite' (or '--o')

Martin