[GRASS-dev] what does -a in i.rectify do?

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sun Jul 6 05:33:36 EDT 2008

On Sat, Jul 5, 2008 at 7:43 PM, Maciej Sieczka <tutey at o2.pl> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I'm trying to cleanup i.rectify manual. I don't see any difference
> between -a (Rectify all images in group) set and not set - in either
> case all raster maps in the group are rectified. Is this a bug or am I
> missing something?

Not sure... in the code there is :
    ifile = G_define_standard_option(G_OPT_R_INPUT);
    ifile->required = NO;
    if (!ifile->answers)
        a->answer = 1;          /* force all */

    /* Find out how files on command line */
    if (!a->answer) {
        for (m = 0; ifile->answers[m]; m++) {
            k = m;
        }
        k++;
    }

> Would it hurt if I chenged the module's options descriptions to comply
> with GRASS lingo (eg. "raster map" instead of "file" etc.).

In both 6.4.svn and trunk it is now:
 i.rectify [-ca] [input=name] extension=string order=value [--verbose]

Standardization we should do in GRASS 7
http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_7_ideas_collection#Parameters_standardization

Markus