[GRASS-dev] trying to compile wxPython NVIZ

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Tue Jul 15 05:18:56 EDT 2008

Glynn Clements wrote:

> > > If you have to explicitly disable render.c, that suggests that
> > > something needs to be conditionalised. The code should at least
> > > compile on all platforms, even if it doesn't work.
> > >
> > > If you can't fix the compilation issues yourself, please post the
> > > error messages to the list.
> >
> > I just don't have access to Mac to find out how to make off-screen
> > rendering working on this platform...
>
> I'm not talking about getting off-screen rendering working; I'm
> talking about gettting lib/nviz compile. If it fails to compile, you
> can't even test the parts which should work.

FWIW, I have made some changes to lib/nviz/render.c to get it to
compile on Windows, which may also help on OSX (there were some
X-specific portions which weren't conditionalised).

It doesn't work on Windows yet (G_malloc() fails), but I don't have a
native version of GDB installed, so I haven't looked into it any
further.