[GRASS-dev] g.region -g crashes in a latlon location

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Mon Jul 21 14:44:50 EDT 2008

Glynn Clements pisze:

> Below that, there isn't actually anything which can cause a segfault.
>  So, it's very much looking like a broken system.

Gotcha! I'm using GCC 4.3.1 on amd64 Debian testing. Apparently it
doesn't like GRASS default optimisation flags "-g -O2". When I override
them it with e.g. "-pipe" alone, the segfault is gone.

On another machine (Ubuntu Gutsy amd64) where GCC is 4.1.3, "-g -O2" has
no side effects.

Should GRASS enforce any optimisation flags by default?

Maciek

--
Maciej Sieczka
www.sieczka.org