[GRASS-dev] debugging nviz with TclTk 8.5 aqua

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Wed Jul 23 20:16:36 EDT 2008

On Jul 23, 2008, at 3:01 PM, William Kyngesburye wrote:

> On Jul 23, 2008, at 4:18 PM, Michael Barton wrote:
>
>> I don't know enough about make to offer suggestions. But if you get
>> a procedure sorted out, I'm happy to try it.
>>
> It's possible you can get it right purely by configuration.  Do you
> have symlinks to /Library/Frameworks versions of tcl and tk in /usr/
> local/lib?

Not exactly. It looks like /usr/lib is the Mac OS X 10.5 default
location of these links. Mine are to TclTk 8.4.

I also have TclTk libs in /usr/local/lib, but these are not links.
Maybe I should delete them? I'm not sure if go to the x11 install that
I need for compiling the 'normal' TclTk GUI (the one installed
following your instructions in the README file with most files located
in /usr/local/tcltk).

>  Then just add --with-tcltk-libs=/usr/local/lib to your configure.

Maybe --with-tcltk-libs=/usr/lib ??

What about the environmental setting for 8.5? Just not run it or set
it to 8.4?

Michael