[GRASS-dev] debugging nviz with TclTk 8.5 aqua

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Thu Jul 24 10:41:54 EDT 2008

On Jul 24, 2008, at 8:38 AM, William Kyngesburye wrote:

> On Jul 24, 2008, at 12:13 AM, Michael Barton wrote:
>
>> Whoo hooo!
>>
>> I worked. It actually looks pretty nice for the main GUI. What you
>> need to do is to copy grass7.app/Contents/MacOSX/bin/wish8.5 to
>> wish. Hopefully, this can be worked out in the compilation mac.app
>> step.
>>
> This is part of the messed up logic in the OSX app startup - for the
> X11 tcltk the makefile copies tclsh and wish to the GRASS package,
> but not for aqua.  But the startup shell sets GRASS_WISH anyways to
> a packaged wish.
>
> I was trying to bee too flexible for some nonexistent possibilities,
> and I need to drop the TCLTK_INTERNAL thing.  And simplify
> configuration.

Glynn, one thing I hack around right now in the OSX app makefile is
setting the tcltk version, so I can set the right wish binary and
package tcltk files in the GRASS bundle.  Could some logic be added to
configure to detect the tcltk version and add it to platform.make (ie
TCLTKVER)? (who handles configure changes these days?)

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Oh, look, I seem to have fallen down a deep, dark hole.  Now what
does that remind me of?  Ah, yes - life."

- Marvin