[GRASS-dev] debugging nviz with TclTk 8.5 aqua

Lorenzo Moretti lorenzo.moretti at bologna.enea.it
Thu Jul 24 13:02:06 EDT 2008

One small contribute.

I have built two month ago a Universal Binary version of Grass 6.3.0
that run with TclTk 8.5.2 aqua and NVIZ works with TclTk 8.5.2 aqua.
It run very fast in MacIntel because it's native:
http://wwwamb.bologna.enea.it/forgrass/download

NVIZ aqua screenshot:
http://wwwamb.bologna.enea.it/forgrass/tutorial/01-tutorial/10-viewnviztot.htm

The only problem is the menu inside the window but NVIZ works very well.

I have made ONE application only (about 400MB). Nothing to install:
drag the GrassGIS.app to /Applications. All libraries are inside the
application (mouse right clic and Show Package Contents -
GrassGIS.app/Contents/Resources/grasslib).
I have build a native TclTk aqua application (about 9MB - the name is
Grass.app) and I have put it inside grasslib/bin. After I have made
many symbolic links and I have changed some link with
"install_name_tool" command.

Grass with TclTk 8.5.2 aqua is very different from TclTk 8.4.x. It's
smoother and more stable.
Grass with TclTk 8.5.2 x11 in Mac OS X works well like any other OS
but X11 is different for Mac user.

Bye
||     Lorenzo Moretti             e-mail: lorenzo.moretti at bologna.enea.it
||/|/| ENEA ACS
||   | via Martiri di Monte Sole, 4
~~~~~~ 40129 BOLOGNA - ITALY  Ph: +39-0516098086
ENEA - Ente Nazionale per le Nuove Tecnologie, l'Energia e l'Ambiente
ENEA - The Italian Agency for New Technologies, Energy and the Environment