[GRASS-dev] debugging nviz with TclTk 8.5 aqua

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sun Jul 27 12:46:19 EDT 2008

On Jul 26, 2008, at 5:59 PM, Glynn Clements wrote:

>> - add a tcltk aqua option, much like what we do for opengl.  And it
>> would have to be dependent on opengl=aqua.
>>
>> It would have to detect the active framework by looking in /Library/
>> Frameworks first, then /System/Library/Frameworks. Or possibly accept
>> a user path (reuse --with-tcltk-libs, or have a separate --with-
>> tcltk-
>> framework), which would set TCLTKLIBPATH = -F/user/path.
>>
>> The framework path (detected or user), would be used to set the
>> include paths:
>>
>> -I$path/Tcl.framework/Headers -I$path/Tk.framework/Headers -I$path/
>> Tk.framework/PrivateHeaders
>>
>> And verify that the needed tkMacOSXInt.h is in one of those.
>>
>> TCLTKLIBS will always be:
>>
>> TCLTKLIBS = -framework Tcl -framework Tk
>
> I have added a --with-tcltk-framework= switch. If used, it sets
> TCLTKLIBPATH, TCLTKLIBS and TCLINCDIR as suggested above, and
> --with-tcltk-{libs,includes}= are ignored.
>
> I can't confirm whether it works, only that it doesn't break anything
> when not used.

I just tried it.  Needs a bit of work.

It should accept yes (enable).  This would use the default framework
path, much like --with-tcltk or other options that don't add -L/usr/
lib.  So, --with-tcltk-framework would set:

TCLINCDIR = -I/{found location}/Tcl.framework/Headers
TKINCDIR = -I/{found location}/Tk.framework/Headers -I/{found
location}/Tk.framework/PrivateHeaders
TCLTKLIBPATH =
TCLTKLIBS = -framework Tcl -framework Tk

Of course, some extra detection logic is needed to check for the
frameworks in /Library/Frameworks, then /System/Library/Frameworks.

If a path is used, then the -F flag is added to TCLTKLIBPATH.

When I used a path with the option, the framework flags didn't get
inserted into platform.make.  TCLTKLIBS is empty.

Also, the framework option should be rejected if opengl is not aqua.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"History is an illusion caused by the passage of time, and time is an
illusion caused by the passage of history."

- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy