[GRASS-dev] GRASS 7 development started

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 04:41:39 EDT 2008

Hi Maris,

2008/7/30 Maris Nartiss <maris.gis at gmail.com>:

> I understand that it's summer outside (for most of us) and thus nobody wants to sit inside and do any coding (including myself). Still I want to understand how GRASS 7 development will be done. This thread/discussion seems to end nowwhere.

Right...

> Can somebody make small announcement what ordinary coders[1] should do?
>
> Currently I see that most of development is done in trunk and Martin is merging back to develbranch_6 [2].
> How long we are planning to sit on two chairs and when trunk (finally) will be broken?

First of all both -- trunk and develbranch_6 -- need to be reformatted
(AFAIU the rules indentation confirmed, just to apply them?). Then I
hope there will be enough power inside of the developement team to
start working on grass7. What I am not happy about that there is not
so much on wiki, no detailed planning what should be done, what we are
really planning, what is possible to do, etc. First of all, we should
figure out what really grass7 means...

Regards, Martin

--
Martin Landa <landa.martin gmail.com> * http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa *