[GRASS-dev] debugging nviz with TclTk 8.5 aqua

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed Jul 30 13:37:04 EDT 2008

On Jul 30, 2008, at 12:19 PM, Glynn Clements wrote:

>> So I suggest making an 8.5 aqua framework build +/- standard for Mac
>> compile.
>
> Oh, I have no objection to extending configure to use a Tcl/Tk
> framework, if such a thing were ever to come into existence.
>
> It's the half-arsed sort-of-but-not-really-a-framework package that I
> don't feel like supporting.
>
> IOW, either -F/-framework or -I/-L/-l, but not some mixed-up
> combination of the two.

-framework linking + -I includes is legitimate.  Some unix ports use
it as a quick way to port to a framework - R does outright.  Others
(Python included) get away with leaving quoted include forms in their
headers because their layout is simple (no sub-folders), and can work
using the framework include form, though most people still use them
with -I paths.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

First Pogril: Why is life like sticking your head in a bucket filled
with hyena offal?
Second Pogril: I don't know.  Why IS life like sticking your head in a
bucket filled with hyena offal?
First Pogril: I don't know either.  Wretched, isn't it?

-HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy