[GRASS-dev] debugging nviz with TclTk 8.5 aqua

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Wed Jul 30 13:19:39 EDT 2008

Michael Barton wrote:

> Most Mac users will prefer TclTk 8.5 aqua. It looks more Mac like and
> doesn't require x11. However, it's a bit less responsive than the x11
> TclTk and the lack of x11 support means that you can't use d.mon and
> related commands even if you open an xterm.

There's no inherent reason why an Aqua-based gis.m can't use d.mon.

> So I suggest making an 8.5 aqua framework build +/- standard for Mac
> compile.

Oh, I have no objection to extending configure to use a Tcl/Tk
framework, if such a thing were ever to come into existence.

It's the half-arsed sort-of-but-not-really-a-framework package that I
don't feel like supporting.

IOW, either -F/-framework or -I/-L/-l, but not some mixed-up
combination of the two.