[GRASS-dev] WinGRASS Plans

Marco Pasetti marco.pasetti at alice.it
Thu Jun 5 15:59:00 EDT 2008

Hi Michael,

> You can get wxPython as an installable binary for Windows from the
> wxPython
> site. No need to compile Python from source.

yes, I know that
(http://www.webalice.it/marco.pasetti/grass/BuildFromSource.html#wxPython),
but I cannot enable the wxWidgets support (--with-wxwidgets=path/wx-config),
because the wx-config file is available only if I built wxPython from
source.

This said, I'm finishing the Vista build, but I need help for testings. Do
you have some students *available* to make cross testings on both XP and
Vista? I could test the build on Vista by myself, while on XP it's more
difficult for me (I still have the old XP notebook, but I don't work at
home, and I cannot keep 2 notebooks travelling..)

Thanks,

Marco