R: [GRASS-dev] GRASS FFMPEG support

marco.pasetti at alice.it marco.pasetti at alice.it
Thu Jun 12 04:43:03 EDT 2008

Hi Glynn,

I succesfully built ffmpeg with the following configure options:

--enable-shared --disable-static --enable-gpl

>Configure checks for the headers avcodec.h, avformat.h and swscale.h,
>for the function avcodec_init with -lavcodec (and optionally
>-lavutil), and for the function av_set_parameters with -lavformat (and
>optionally -lavutil).

mmm... the configure log it's long to post it here, but there's a line that may be *interesting*:

software scaler enabled   no

you say that configure checks for swscale.h ... maybe software scaler must be enabled?

another thing: vhook is not enabled, because it has been replaced by LibAVFilter, and because to build it I need some works around with libraries... so I would be very happy if GRASS would not need it :-) ... do you know if it is needed?

Many thanks for your help,

Marco