[GRASS-dev] proper v.parallel behavior on strange input

Maris Nartiss maris.gis at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 10:47:28 EDT 2008

Solution B may require option to create a hole within that loop, if
buffer not fully covers whole loop (like in attached sketch).

IMHO it's clear now, that buffers and parallel lines are similar but
not same. New v.buffer could offer list of available buffer creation
algorithms - buffer whole feature; with holes; respect line
directions. Just an idea.

Rosen - start with simplest one and leave possibility to add different
ones in future?

Just my 0.002.
Maris.