[GRASS-dev] testing v.thematic.area

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sat Mar 1 15:53:42 EST 2008

I just tested v.thematic.area and v.class. There still seems to be a
problem with the v.class breaks.

I tried it with fields from Spearfish. I added a column named "area"
with the area of each field.

d.thematic.area map=fields at PERMANENT column=area breaks='v.class -g
map=fields at PERMANENT column=area algo=int nbcla=5'
colors='blue,red,green,yellow,grey' bwidth=0 bcolor=black render=l

...colors all fields with the 2nd color, whatever it is. But it will
not use the other colors.

I notice that there is a lot of overlap in the information needed for
v.thematic,area and v.class. It would make this easier to use and
much easier to use in the GUI if we could simple pick algorithm and
nbcla within d.thematic.area instead of having to insert a v.class
command with duplicate info.

Michael

Director of Graduate Studies
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity