R: [GRASS-dev] New Binary Package Project for winGRASS

Marco Pasetti marco.pasetti at alice.it
Sat Mar 1 16:14:21 EST 2008

Hi Benjamin,

>Why use ActiveTcl? The regular, GPL'd Tcl compiles without any problems and
can be distributed freely.

Good question! When I planned the work I dind't considered this option,
because on the wiki it was (it is) suggested to use ActiveTcl;
Probably I should reconsider to build Tcl/Tk from source using MinGW, and
then rebuild GRASS...

Moritz, what do you think about?

>Would also be interesting to know how
>8.5 is working on Win.

AFAIK there are some problems for GRASS with 8.5, I read it in the list in
the last weeks.

Marco