[GRASS-dev] New Binary Package Project for winGRASS

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 08:43:38 EST 2008

Hi,

2008/3/1, Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com>:
Marco:
>  >  2. since the new wxPython GUI still doesn't work on windows (for RC05, I'll
>  >  check on trunk in the next days), I think that we can avoid to include it in
>  >  the RC05 package as requirement; why tell the user to install Python and
>  >  wxPython if the new GUI doesn't work?

Martin:
> right now I am following your great installation guide, then I will
>  try to make wxGUI working on Windows too (basic features for now).
>  Without functional wxGUI doesn't make sense to require at least
>  wxPython, Python maybe because of SWIG interface.

I spent some time on Windows, now *fundamental* parts of GUI seems to
work also under MSYS, GUI startup screen, displaying raster/vector
layers, GUI dialogs, Attribute Table Manager. Anyway there are *a lot*
problems which need to be fixed. Some screenshots

http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/wiki/WxPython-based_GUI_for_GRASS#MS_Windows

Martin

--
Martin Landa <landa.martin gmail.com> * http://gama.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa *