[GRASS-dev] WinGRASS: Xerces-C and Expat under MingW

marco.pasetti at alice.it marco.pasetti at alice.it
Tue Mar 4 08:59:18 EST 2008

Hi Benjamin,

I'm afraid that you're doing that work right now, and not a week before :-)
because I just released a new MSYS GRASS environment, while it would be perfect to also add Xerces and Expat support to both GDAL and GRASS (only Xerces)
it will be on the next time

anyway I'm not sure about Expat; did you read this? http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/BuildingWithMinGW

the libexpat.dll.a is the import static library used while building the shared one; it is used (with the -lexpat.dll istruction) while building executables
but I hope to fail and you're right ;-)

Marco