R: R: [GRASS-dev] WinGRASS-6.3.0RC5 Self Installer

Marco Pasetti marco.pasetti at alice.it
Tue Mar 11 20:21:11 EDT 2008

Hi Michael,

Hehehe... I would reply "just try" ;-) ... but it's not politically correct
;-)

In the pure MS style, installer includes all: tcl/tk, sqlite, postgresql
(the last only dll) built from source, and prebuilt msys from sourceforge
project.

Moreover, the installer procedure forces the user to install GRASS in a path
without spaces, to let it wotk properly, and then dynamically creates:

- grass63.bat, to correctly configure GRASS, basing on user selected install
path
- grass63, to let user launch GRASS from shell (configuring GISBASE and PATH
variables accordingly to selected install path)
- .grassrc6, to avoid the common first GRASS launch error
- desktop shortcut to grass63.bat (to directly launch GRASS 6.3.0RC5)
- StartMenu shortcuts to grass63.bat (to directly launch GRASS 6.3.0RC5) and
msys.bat (to open an MSYS console)

As an option, users can also download and install Spearfish GRASS sample
DataBase during installation.

Am I cool or not?? ;-DDD (I'm joking)

Sorry, but now I need to go to bed. I must wake up until less than 6 hours;
when it's late I have difficulties to write in italian... just imagine if I
must write in english!!

Goodnight

Marco