[GRASS-dev] WinGRASS-6.3.0RC5 Self Installer

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 11 23:38:12 EDT 2008

Marco Pasetti wrote:
> As an option, users can also download and install Spearfish GRASS
> sample DataBase during installation.

It would be good to also offer the new North Carolina sample dataset.

Another (rather large) missing thing I think is an update to Lorenzo's
Visual introduction to GRASS PDF document for GRASS 6.0. (10 minute
guide from startup through choosing a mapset to displaying your first
map and zooming) We have the RTF sources for that but I was waiting for
Lorenzo's blessing before starting. AFAICT Yann's starter guide is more
of a short course?

Host it in the addons SVN:
 http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass-addons/tutorials/

Compose it using LaTeX? Or LyX? (like the GEM manual) Or reStructured
text? (not sure how well that works with images)

Hamish