[GRASS-dev] Google Summer of Code 2008

Wolf Bergenheim wolf+grass at bergenheim.net
Wed Mar 12 03:06:02 EDT 2008

On 03/12/2008 01:47 AM, Michael Barton wrote:

> Wolf,
>
> I emailed in several suggestion when this was first announced, but
> haven't seen any of them in this list. I probably don't have the email
> any longer, but I remember suggesting:

Hmmm somehow I've missed them... :( sorry about that.

> 1) a wxPython replacement for NVIZ

This is mentioned on the talk side of
http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/wiki/GRASS_SoC_Ideas

> 2) completing the full range of vector querying options (suggestion that
> I posted to the WIKI 9 months back)

Yes that would be very nice. Would you be willing to mentor?

> 3) comprehensive legend creator that would work with vector and raster
> data, and

yes please!

> 4) vector color table management like raster color tables.

Isn't the colors stored in the database on the vector side? It should be
quite easy to construct insert statements to insert color values into
the DB. What I'd love to see is a GUI tool to create these files (and
queries).

--Wolf

--

<:3 )---- Wolf Bergenheim ----( 8:>