[GRASS-dev] Re: R: WinGRASS-6.3.0RC5 Self Installer

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Fri Mar 14 08:24:41 EDT 2008

On 14/03/08 12:08, marco.pasetti at alice.it wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please, suggest me also the message to display.
> Benjamin suggested as follows:
>
> "WARNING: you are about to install GRASS into a directory that has
> spaces in either its name or the path of directories leading up to it.
> You may go ahead, but expect trouble and weird behaviour from GRASS
> modules. It is highly recommended to choose a simple installation path
> without spaces such as: C:\GRASS."

I find this a bit too strong. How about

"WARNING: you are about to install GRASS into a directory that has
spaces in either its name or the path of directories leading up to it.
Some functionalities of GRASS might be hampered by this. We would highly
appreciate if you tried and reported any problems, so that we can fix
them. However, if you want to avoid any such issues, we recommended that
you choose a simple installation path without spaces such as: C:\GRASS."

Moritz