[GRASS-dev] GRASS 6.3.0

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Fri Mar 21 09:49:48 EDT 2008

On Mar 21, 2008, at 1:29 AM, Glynn Clements wrote:

> Another problem with vdigit: the C++ wrapper file
> grass6_wxvdigit_wrap.cpp
> is *not* a source file (it is built from the .i files using SWIG), and
> should not be stored in the SVN repository. It should be generated
> by SWIG
> during the build process.

Correct or not, I'vee seen it as a convention in many projects to
include pre-SWIG'd sources (ie Mapserver, Qgis, GDAL).  While
developers may be OK with adding SWIG to their toolbox (though I
haven't installed it on my new Mac because I don't need it any more),
users who build from source may not have SWIG, and may not want to
install something that's not used at runtime but only for compilation.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"I ache, therefore I am.  Or in my case - I am, therefore I ache."

- Marvin