[GRASS-dev] r.watershed and swap memory

ivan marchesini marchesini at unipg.it
Sun Mar 23 12:14:09 EDT 2008

hmmm
thanks to Helena for the suggestion of use accumulation map and then
r.mapcalc (I knew this method but I didn't remember it  :-(  )
the problem is that, also using this method, the ram wasn't enougth..

at the moment we have solved using another PC (13 GB of RAM)... and the
process is still running... after 3 days...
but if I will find alternatives I will let you know...

many thanks to all...

Il giorno mer, 19/03/2008 alle 15.29 -0700, honegger ha scritto:
> just looking for a code that's able to process a 50'000x60'000 grid.
> streamflow sounds verz promising, but as it's only availible as a binary
> it's not really usable within linux (as you would need exactly the same
> specs..)
>
> r.watershed is rather slow and terraflow isn't an option because of the
> inscalability of the basin size.
>
> has anybody other options or experiences?

> > Glynn:
> >> This should be in lower case. AFAICT, we never use upper case in
> >> option names.
> >
> > another task for GRASS 7....

Ti prego di cercare di non inviarmi files .dwg, .doc, .xls, .ppt.
Preferisco formati liberi.
Please try to avoid to send me .dwg, .doc, .xls, .ppt files.
I prefer free formats.
http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formato_aperto
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_format

Ivan Marchesini