[GRASS-dev] g.mapsets, print only accessible mapsets

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Mon Mar 24 13:27:47 EDT 2008

Martin Landa wrote:

> the attached patch adds to g.mapset module new flag '-l' (print
> available mapsets with write permission). It requires dummy value for
> mapset, e.g.
>
> g.mapset -l map=dummy

I've committed the patch, but changed mapset_opt->required to NO.

> same story like `r.in.gdal -f` and others. It would be reasonable to
> introduce new attribute in option/flag structure, something like
> 'suppress_required'. The value could be global (YES/NO), to suppress
> all required flags/options or better list of option/flags (e.g. their
> keys) which are required and will be suppressed by the given
> flag/option.

Initially, it should just be global, i.e. the switch can be used on
its own, with no other options required.

Anything more involved than that should be part of an overall redesign
of "required" options, e.g. option groups.

However, I'm not sure that even the simplest version should go into
6.3, the critical nature of the parser.