[GRASS-dev] Current state of wxPython GUI

benjamin.ducke at ufg.uni-kiel.de benjamin.ducke at ufg.uni-kiel.de
Fri Mar 28 05:18:17 EDT 2008

Michael Barton wrote:

> Benjamin,
>
> Thanks much for testing. AFAIK, there is nothing in the GUI that is run
> with su or sudo, and the wxPython GUI does not call any bash shell
> script commands. So this is an odd error.

Alright, Glynn's answer explained this (some Ubuntu stupidity),
so no need to worry about it any further.

> I'm real tied up at the moment (at the Society for American Archaeology
> meetings and giving papers tomorrow), but hope to get a chance to get
> back to working on the GUI with Martin in the next month or so. I'll try
> to test for your error running i.group from the georectifier. Does the
> rest of it work OK?
>
> Important: What versions of Python and wxPython are you using?
>
> Cheers
> Michael

Python 2.5.1 and wxPython 2.8.4.

Further tests:

The interactive setting and editing of GCPs works and so does
calculation of RMS -- although I find it confusing that an old marker does
not get deleted from the display when I re-place it somewhere else. Would an
automatic screen redraw be feasible?

Anyhow, pressing the "Georectify" icon just dumps this to the console:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/grass-6.3.svn/etc/wxpython/gui_modules/ge
orect.py", line 825, in OnGeorect

self.SaveGCPs()
TypeError
:
SaveGCPs() takes exactly 2 arguments (1 given)

Is there a minimum of 3 GCPs that have to be set? If so, the user should
be advised about this when trying to use less than 3. In theory, one
or two GCPs could also be useful for cases where only a linear translation/
/scaling/rotation is needed.

Have a good conference.

Best,

Benjamin