[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS GIS] #109: wxgrass - d.vect and d.vect.chart: changing default checkbox options in GUI results in KeyError

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Fri Mar 28 17:44:52 EDT 2008

#109: wxgrass - d.vect and d.vect.chart: changing default checkbox options in GUI
results in KeyError
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
  Reporter:  mlennert  |       Owner:  martinl
      Type:  defect    |      Status:  assigned
 Component:  Python    |     Version:  svn-trunk
Resolution:            |    Keywords:  wxgrass d.vect KeyError
-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------
Changes (by martinl):

  * status:  new => assigned
  * owner:  grass-dev at lists.osgeo.org => martinl
 * cc: grass-dev at lists.osgeo.org (added)

Comment:

 Replying to [ticket:109 mlennert]:
 > The command line for d.vect displayed in properties window of a vector
 layer does not correspond to the options displayed by the GUI. E.g. add a
 new vector layer and chose a map (I'll use fields at user1 here). The command
 line shown at the bottom of the properties window shows d.vect
 map=fields at user1. This is fine as it means that for all other options, we
 use the default. For the type option, the default is
 "point,line,boundary,centroid,area,face" and this is what is shown in the
 GUI where all the check boxes are ticked. However, if I uncheck any of
 these boxes for the first time, I get the following type of KeyError:

 > Traceback (most recent call last):
 >   File "/home/mlennert/SRC/GRASS/grass_trunk/dist.i486-pc-linux-
 > gnu/etc/wxpython/gui_modules/menuform.py", line 1252, in OnCheckBoxMulti
 >
 > del currentValues[ theValue ]
 > KeyError
 > :
 > u'point'
 >
 > OR
 >
 > Traceback (most recent call last):
 >   File "/home/mlennert/SRC/GRASS/grass_trunk/dist.i486-pc-linux-
 > gnu/etc/wxpython/gui_modules/menuform.py", line 1252, in OnCheckBoxMulti
 >
 > del currentValues[ theValue ]
 > KeyError
 > :
 > u'shape'
 >
 > The same happens with the d.vect.chart type options.

 It seems to me I have fixed this issue some time ago, see r30478. I tested
 d.vect GUI dialog, no !KeyError. ??

 Martin

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/109#comment:1>