[GRASS-dev] Current state of wxPython GUI

benjamin.ducke at ufg.uni-kiel.de benjamin.ducke at ufg.uni-kiel.de
Thu Mar 27 10:55:35 EDT 2008

Browsing to a GRASS DB location and selecting a mapset now works.
However, if I just enter the directorz manually, I get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/grass-6.3.svn/etc/wxpython/gis_set.py", line 676, in
OnStart
    "set=LOCATION_NAME=%s" %
self.listOfLocations[self.lblocations.GetSelection()]])
IndexError: list index out of range

A few more things I just noticed:

1. File -> Georectify -> (select mapset and map) -> select group (leave
empty) -> "Create/edit group ..."
-> comes up with a dialog for i.group that does not let me input anything
(it looks fine, but all fields and buttons are non-responsive). Can only
close it after closing the main georectify dialog (note: i.group from
the command line comes up with the GUI and works jsut fine).

Error message on console is:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/grass-6.3.svn/etc/wxpython/gui_modules/ge
orect.py", line 480, in OnPageChanged

tmplist = os.listdir(os.path.join(self.grassdatabase,self.xy
location,self.xymapset,'group'))
OSError
:
[Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/benni/grass-
db/borkeld/user/group'

2. The GRASS init shell script now dumps this message twice to the console:

"To run a command as administrator (user "root"), use "sudo <command>".
See "man sudo_root" for details."

I guess it attempts to run something with su privileges?

Cheers,

Benj