[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS GIS] #104: saving display to tiff or ppm garbled when NVIZ is not top window

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Sat Mar 29 04:52:19 EDT 2008

Maris Nartiss wrote:

> I'm still have not finished my morning coffee and thus was not able to
> understand what and how I must test.
> Glynn, if You want to get a lot of feedback from various users, could
> You, please, provide step-by-step instructions what to test and how to
> get all reportable information.

For the SVN trunk version:

	xdpyinfo
	glxinfo
	export -n GRASS_NO_GLX_PIXMAPS
	export -n GRASS_NO_GLX_PBUFFERS
	nviz elevation.dem
	File -> Save Image As -> Max. Resolution PPM
	File -> Quit
	export GRASS_NO_GLX_PBUFFERS=1
	nviz elevation.dem
	File -> Save Image As -> Max. Resolution PPM
	File -> Quit

For the 6.3 release branch (including 6.3.0RC*):

	xdpyinfo
	glxinfo
	export GRASS_GLX_PIXMAPS=1
	export GRASS_GLX_PBUFFERS=1
	nviz elevation.dem
	File -> Save Image As -> Max. Resolution PPM
	File -> Quit
	export -n GRASS_GLX_PBUFFERS
	nviz elevation.dem
	File -> Save Image As -> Max. Resolution PPM
	File -> Quit

Post all of the output (xdpyinfo, glxinfo, nviz).