[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #112: WinGRASS-6.3.0RC6 fails saving current display geometry to named region in Tcl GUI

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Mon Mar 31 10:39:53 EDT 2008

#112: WinGRASS-6.3.0RC6 fails saving current display geometry to named region in
Tcl GUI
------------------------+---------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  4everskiff  |       Owner:  grass-dev at lists.osgeo.org
     Type:  defect      |      Status:  new
 WinGRASS-6.3.0RC6 (self installer):

 GRASS crash applying the following command from map display:
 "Save current display geometry to named region"
 Error message:
 Error setting region: child process exited abnormally
 The "named region" file is created, though.

 When trying to re-do the command using the same name for region, after
 pressing "Yes" to "Already existing/Overwrite" alert message, the
 following error displays:

 Error reading current resolution with g.region: child process exited
 Attached the g.region.log

 "Zoom to region" command works (reports no errors), but it displays the
 standard map region, because (I think) the selected named region has not
 been correctly created.

 I also tried the same commands using wxpython GUI; both "Save display
 geometry to named region" and "Zoom to saved region" work fine.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/112>
GRASS GIS <http://grass.osgeo.org>