[GRASS-dev] v.in.e00 & AVCE00

Marco Pasetti marco.pasetti at alice.it
Wed May 7 14:45:51 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I was importing DCW (http://www.maproom.psu.edu/dcw/dcw_about.shtml) data
with v.in.e00 (WinGRASS), but it reported the following error:

'avcimport' program not found, install it first;
http://avce00.maptools.org

this requirement is not present in the GRASS requirements list, why?

BTW, I visited the suggested web page and downloaded the source code; I will
compile it on next hour.
If it will work fine, should we update the WinGRASS binary release now (that
is when I compiled and tested it) or can we wait for the next GRASS release?

Update means: update the binaries (installer), the files
WinGRASS_Sources.zip, GRASS_MSYS_Environment.zip and the BuilFromSource
guide.

Comments?

Marco