[GRASS-dev] build problems on Mac OS X 10.5.2.

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Fri May 9 09:35:25 EDT 2008

On May 8, 2008, at 11:27 PM, John Kern wrote:

> Thanks for the prompt reply.  I missed the macosx subdirectory. I
> will read it. Also, your wiki entry (http://www.kyngchaos.com/wiki/software:grass
> ) is informative.   I have installed the iPhone SDK.

Those build instructions are a bit old, though mostly still valid.
The readme in the source is basically an updated version of that.

> You're response doesn't acknowledge a key point. The error results
> in the configure script failing.  This check breaks down to a
> trivial c program.  When I extracted it from the configure
> script(see try.c) and compile it as we see in the trace output, it
> fails. Consider the try.c testcase.

That was my suggestion - to try configuring by setting CFLAGS to -Os
only, so the -g flag (default) is not used.  If you want debug
symbols, the workaround is to configure without, then add -g to
platform.make after configuring.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

All generalizations are dangerous, even this one.