R: [GRASS-dev] WinGRASS: r.in.gdal projection issue

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Mon May 12 10:42:02 EDT 2008

On Mon, 12 May 2008, Michael Barton wrote:

> Marco,
>
> In most (all?) cases with my students, the problem locations were made by
> picking an EPSG code. This routine uses g.proj to create the location. The
> same issue may be affecting r.in.gdal I suppose.

Hello Michael, I seem to remember committing a fix for what I guessed was
your problem with the EPSG codes - has there been any incidence of it
since then? Marco's problem is clearly different as the gdalinfo output
shows that GDAL is not recognising any projection information from the
file, so creating an XY location is the correct behaviour.

Paul