[GRASS-dev] DebianGIS and GRASS6.3

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
Tue May 13 09:02:59 EDT 2008

Moritz,

are you communicating with the debianGIS packaging team?
 From reading the message below I was not sure what goes into the
package -
it looks like GRASS6.2 and maybe GRASS6.3?
It would be a pitty if it had only GRASS6.2 (does anybody on this
list even
remember how GRASS6.2 looks like?) because GRASS6.3 is so much better.
Is there any way that we can make sure that GRASS6.3 gets into the
package?

Also along the same line - would it be appropriate to encourage
people to
download GRASS6.3 maybe by adding the following to the header of
the downloads table:

GRASS6.2.3 (...), please try GRASS6.3 technology preview - it is
stable and much better

As it is presented now, getting GRASS6.3 is sort of discouraging

Helena