[GRASS-dev] DebianGIS and GRASS6.3

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Tue May 13 14:03:15 EDT 2008

Helena Mitasova ha scritto:

> are you communicating with the debianGIS packaging team?

Here I am.

> From reading the message below I was not sure what goes into the package -
> it looks like GRASS6.2 and maybe GRASS6.3?

Correct.

> It would be a pitty if it had only GRASS6.2 (does anybody on this list even
> remember how GRASS6.2 looks like?) because GRASS6.3 is so much better.
> Is there any way that we can make sure that GRASS6.3 gets into the package?

This is the result of calling 6.3 a technology preview: it is reasonable
to include in a *stable* distribution only *stable* software. Tech
preview are more appropriate for the "experimental" section.
I insisted with DDs, but I think their position is reasonable.
The only way I see is releasing a stable 6.4 really soon, and insist for
this to be included in lenny (next debian stable).

Hope this help; I'm ready to facilitate the process if useful.
All the best.
pc
--
Paolo Cavallini, see: * http://www.faunalia.it/pc *