R: R: [GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS GIS] #160: WinGRASS: v.report>incompatability issue

marco.pasetti at alice.it marco.pasetti at alice.it
Thu May 15 05:17:40 EDT 2008

-2 is correct for me, since I already submitted a patch for the installer script and updated the 6.3.0 installer some days ago.
Now I need to figure out how to introduce some changes in the GRASS regkey layout to let the installer recognize if the current installed GRASS (if present) is the latest release or not, and thus decide if update the installed copy.
A the moment, the GRASS release is deteminated by the SVN revision number; it represents binaries built upon different source code distributions.
I think that I should introduce a new code number, that represents releases with differences in binaries, libraries, install script patches... that is all but not differences in GRASS source code: I could call it BNR (Binary Release Code) and start it with 0 every time the SVN rev number has changed in the binary release.

What do you think about?

Marco