[GRASS-dev] Locking is not supported on Windows

marco.pasetti at alice.it marco.pasetti at alice.it
Tue May 20 12:15:54 EDT 2008

Hi all,

there's a thing that I never understood: why Locking is not supported on Windows?
Then:

1) what is exactly locking? I tried to find it on the programmer's manual, but without success

2) I noticed that, when opening a location/mapset, GRASS doesn't create the .gislock file, as done on linux; without the .gislock file it's impossibel to change the working environment (that is the mapset...) by the g.mapset module

3) Could you please show me the related chapter/section in the programmer's manual where I can find information about it?

Thanks,

Marco