[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-user] segmentation fault r.li on 6.3.1svn (subject errata corrige)

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Thu May 22 15:30:12 EDT 2008

(r.li.shannon crash
 http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-user/2008-May/044747.html
)

On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 7:40 PM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
> Markus Neteler ha scritto:
>> Hi Leo,
>>
>> I have tested with your data which you sent offlist to me in GRASS 6.4.svn:
>> no problem - works.
>
> tested on various machines, different processors etc, always crashing.
> a specific debian problem, or a bug in 6.3?

The problem is:
r.li.shannon map=uso_primavera_2007 conf=vicarello
output=uso_primavera_2007_vicarello_shannon --o
ERROR: Cannot make stat of /home/neteler/.r.li/history/vicarello
       configuration file
Illegal filename. Character <> not allowed.
Illegal filename. Character <> not allowed.
Illegal filename. Character <> not allowed.
WARNING: Can't open header file for [ in (null)]
CHILD[pid = 10641]: unable to open  mask ... continue without!!!
Illegal filename. Character <> not allowed.
Illegal filename. Character <> not allowed.

See it? /home/neteler/.r.li/history/vicarello isn't present.
If I add it, it works (also in 6.3.x).

I suspect that Leo didn't copy the entire message. Please
verify the *first* error.
If you *have* the right file in the right place, it's a Debian problem.

Wish: don't print misleading messages but just stop. Maybe
add G_suppress_warnings() somewhere in raster/r.li/r.li.daemon/?

Markus