[GRASS-dev] georeferencer - inspiration from gvSIG ?

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Fri May 23 08:06:24 EDT 2008

Hello,

I've been working with gvSIG's georeferencing module lately, and I have
to say that it rocks ! It allows you to see where you put your GCP's not
only on the image to reference, but also on your base map and you can
zoom into the points and move them around as needed in both maps. This
allows for very precise georeferencing. You can also place and resize
your image as you want in the same canvas as the reference map. Etc...

It would be great to have something like this in GRASS if it is in any
way feasible. So, maybe an inspiration for someone who has the time and
feels inspired. Or for next years Google Summer of Code ?

Moritz