[GRASS-dev] Locking is not supported on Windows

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sun May 25 21:45:11 EDT 2008

Glynn:
> Personally, I would like to see both WIND and CUR[SUB]GROUP
> moved into $GISRC.
>
> The database stuff in VAR should also be able to be
> overridden by $GISRC, with VAR being used as a fallback (similar
> to DEFAULT_WIND for the region).

these things are all mapset specific, so do you specifically mean moved into /tmp/grass6-$USER-$PID/gisrc not ~/.gisrc, correct?

e.g. last used region obviously changes between ll and utm locations; it is nice to remember the last ones used per mapset between sessions; for VAR, some datasets prefer a heavier DB by default without imposing that as the default on all others, etc.

just checking,
Hamish