[GRASS-dev] simwe

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Sat Nov 1 00:43:54 EDT 2008

Helena Mitasova wrote:

> >> The sites issues are fixed (I commented the offending code out).
> >
> > By "fixed", I meant making the code work.
>
> the site related input and output is not essential and needs to be
> updated to vector points anyway so I commented it out (until
> somebody who is interested in having that output will update
> it to vector format - it may be me, my student or somebody else).
>
> So the #1 and #2 is not there any more. Let me know if I should delete
> it completely rather than comment it out - I am keeping it there in case
> I can get to it sometimes soon.

AFAIK, the G_sites_* functions should continue to work. It just needs
to be borne in mind that the "handle" in no longer a FILE*, so you
can't interchange G_sites_close() and fclose() in the way that you
could before (or rely upon the "file" being closed automatically upon
exit).

The code to handle old-style sites files still exists, but the
functions were renamed to G_oldsites_*. However, those functions only
exist for the benefit of v.in.sites (i.e. converting old to new).

> The waterglobs.h issue is more complicated and I need to find out first
> why it has been done the way it is there - I need more time for that,
> but the code should compile and work as it is (at least it does for me).

If there's any disagreement between simlib/waterglobs.h and
r.sim.*/waterglobs.h, there will be problems, as only
simlib/waterglobs.h is guaranteed to match the library (insofar as any
mismatch should generate a warning).

At most, I would expect that the r.sim.* versions may contain
additional declarations, specific to the individual modules. If that's
the case, it should just be an issue of moving such declarations into
a local_proto.h (or similar) file.