[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #355: ps.map generates invalid postscript when vlegend item does not appear on map

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Tue Nov 4 09:20:42 EST 2008

#355: ps.map generates invalid postscript when vlegend item does not appear on
map
------------------------+---------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  scottygamm  |       Owner:  grass-dev at lists.osgeo.org
     Type:  defect      |      Status:  new
      Cpu:  x86-32      |
------------------------+---------------------------------------------------
 I have a map control file that generates several (21) vareas with pattern
 fill and defines label and lpos entries for the legend.  As it happens,
 one of those vareas does not appear on the map area.  As a result, the
 postscript output omits the dictionary entry for that pattern.  When
 vlegend generates the legend output, it attempts to reference the missing
 pattern definition (of the form APATTEPSnn) and applications that try to
 render the postscript fail in various ways.  Workaround is to omit the
 vareas causing the problem.  I have not included files but can provide
 them if needed.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/355>
GRASS GIS <http://grass.osgeo.org>